- Do you support racial and gender equality?
- Are you tired of seeing development consume our green spaces?
- Do you support alternative modes of transportation to reduce our dependence upon the automobile?
- Do you want to see our rivers and lakes kept clean?
- Would you like to see your money stay in the community?
- Are you ready to take back your democracy?
The Greens are both a political party and a community organization. We're ordinary citizens who have said "enough is enough!" Every corporate merger that goes unchallenged, every zoning decision and construction permit that gets rubber-stamped, every subsidy and corporate tax break that slips into law unnoticed, all reduce our control over the decisions that affect our lives. Let's keep our resources in the community, and use them to solve local problems.
HOW DO WE DO THIS?
- By encouraging our members and communities to live Green lifestyles.
- Working on community issues like mass transit, neighborhood rights, homelessness, recycling programs, and labor rights.
- Insisting upon enforcement of local environmental regulations and comprehensive anti-sprawl plans.
- Fielding ballot initiatives and referenda, and challenging restrictive election laws.
- Standing up to be counted. Registering as Green Party members, and running candidates.
FGP Members are encouraged, but not required, to join the state Green Party: The Green Party of Virginia (GPVA).
Neither the FGP nor the GPVA are in any way connected with the Independent Greens of Virginia.
Both the FGP and GPVA, however, are affiliated with the only FEC-recognized, official national Green Party, The Green Party of the United States (GPUS).
THE GREEN PARTY TAKES NO CORPORATE DONATIONS. Can your party say that?
If the "two-party system" is the problem, then why continue voting for it?
Join The Greens -- Stand up and be counted!